Sunday, September 15, 2024

St. Sebastian Memorial

 

Back in March, I took a drive out to the small town of Bismark to see what they did to the land that St. Sebastian was located. I was very surprised not just to find a memorial there, but sitting on top were 3 bells! I don't know if the bells were the originals at St. Sebastian or were newly casted. One thing I do know is they were definitely painted that color. All 3 bells had a rope that I wanted to pull so badly, but it might've annoyed the senior living home across the street. 

The original path is the same. The middle plaque says "The Former Site Of St. Sebastian Church, Bismark, Ohio." Below is a timeline of the church. On the left is an image of the original church and on the right is the church that was recently torn down. This memorial is fairly new as it was erected in 2023. 

I also have photos of Assumption in Reed, so I'll post those soon. 

No comments: