Monday, September 23, 2024

Churches From Far Away

 One day in June, I went around Toledo and took many distance photos of churches. The main theme of these photos is to not only show the church from a distance, but also its surroundings to see how the church shaped its neighborhood. 

This first photo is St. Rose in Perrysburg looking from the city of Maumee. I love the river side view and the steeple rising above the treetops. Easily one of my best photos that day.

This next image is of Immaculate Conception looking west down Eastern Ave. 

This image is of  Historic St. Patrick in downtown. I took this photo at the perfect time when the sun was almost perfectly shining on the facade. Another great photo.

This photo is of the closed St. Hedwig church in the Lagrange neighborhood. The tower on the left is the old school, which is now an apartment building. My greatest enemy is the power lines as they take up much of the image! 

Another image of St. Hedwig, looking south down Lagrange St. 

Here is an image of St. Stephen church in the Birmingham neighborhood. On the left is the original Tony Packo's. This is another one of my best images. I managed to capture all of the Hungarian neighborhood in 1 image.

The last few images were taken at Glass City Metropark in downtown. 

St. Joseph, Toledo just barely rising above the Vistula Historic neighborhood.  

The dome of Good Shepherd Church rising above East Toledo.

St. Francis de Sales Chapel on top of the tree line across the river.

I have more ideas for photos, so stay tuned for more!