Tuesday, March 13, 2007

St. Michael's, Kelley's Island

Our friend Kevin Hammer has been at it again. Another interesting find. This time it's a website with some pictures from St. Michael's on Kelley's Island. You'll find it HERE. Just do a keyword search for "catholic" and you'll find pictures of the church and some very good ones of a procession. We need to see more of those.
Now, my opinion of the building? I love it. Simple but beautiful. That tower is very well done. Look at the top section and the corner buttresses at the base. I have to see this one someday.
I found this wonderful painting, by local artist Joe Corso. I hope he won't mind my posting it if I tell you to go to this WEBSITE for information about notecards and prints. There's more of his work, as well. We need to encourage good artists, like Mr. Corso.

No comments: