Cleveland architect Henry J. Harks designed several schools and buildings in Toledo around 1900. These include St. Anthony's School, St. Michael's school, St. Ann's School (now Gallagher Hall) and the former Notre Dame convent. He had two brothers who were priests serving in the area, and two sisters who were Sisters of Notre Dame. The Basilica of St. Adalbert in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was his design as well.
A biography and list of his works can be found HERE.
Thanks to Chip Valleriano for passing along this information.